Group Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Lam, is CTAM's Group Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director of China Tonghai Asset Management and the Chairman of the CTAM Investment Committee. Dr. Lam has over 30 years of experience under his belt in corporate finance, brokerage and banking; he also has 10 years of experience as the head of it's PRC and corporate banking operations.
Dr. Lam holds a Bachelor of Science degree in the University of Western Ontario with a double major in Computer Science and Economics (1976) and a Master of Business Administration in the 3-years MBA Program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (1983).
- Vice Chairman and Ex-Chairman of the Institute of Securities Dealers Limited
- Member of the General Committee of The Chamber of Hong Kong Listed Companies
- Honorary Fellowship from the Canadian Chartered Institute of Business Administration and Honorary Doctor of Laws from Lincoln University
Group Chief Investment Officer
Mr Yan is CTAM's Group Chief Investment Officer and the Head of Management of CTAM.
He has 20 years of investment experience in the financial markets in the Asia-Pacific Region and prior to joining China Tonghai International Financial Limited, he was also the CIO of CMBC International Holding Ltd. Mr Yan also has a Master's degree in Economics and a Bachelor's degree in Finance from the University of Hong Kong.
- CFA Charter Holder
- Former Head of Product and Business Development at Shenyin Wanguo Asset Management
- Prominent lecturer at multiple university institutions
- Deputy Management Director in a number of well established asset management companies.
Fong Tak Jim
Chief Investment Officer
Mr Fong is CTAM's Chief Investment Officer and the Vice President of the Investment department of China Tonghai Securities Company Ltd.
During Mr. Fong's tenure as the Portfolio Manager of China Tonghai Securities Company Ltd, the investment portfolios Mr. Fong were managing were able to attain outstanding performance during 2019 in the Hong Kong stock market despite the Hang Seng Index dropped in the same period of time.
- Proficient at investing in long term fundamental stocks and event-driven strategy
- 15+ years in investment industry experiences
- 10+ years of experience in asset management
- Former auditor in Big 4 audit firm in Hong Kong
- Deep passion and extended knowledge in sustainability, green and technology stocks.
With 20 years of experience with the financial markets, Mr Choi joined CTAM in 2018 regarding equity portions and focusing in equity research and stock selections.
Mr Choi has a Masters degree in Finance from HKU and 1st class honours in BBA-Finance programs from City University of Hong Kong.
Prior to joining CTAM, Mr Choi has worked in Morgan Stanley, Dean Witter, ING Securities and has specialised in equity research and stock recommendations for brokerage clients.
Head of Research
Mr Howard Wong, is CTAM's Head of Research. He has over 25 years of experience in the investment industry serving both the buy and sell side.
Before joining CTAM, Howard was in China Tonghai Securities as their Head of Research since 2016 and later on being the Chief Investment Strategist. He has also held a multitude of positions with regional fund managers such as China Everbright Asset Management and Korea Investment Management.
Achieved an Honors Bachelor Degree from the University of Toronto in Computer Science